Dig Out WiKi: Tips and Tricks for Game Walkthrough
DIG OUT is an Android game with a release date of 01/27/2016 from ZiMAD. Game genre: Adventure. In the article, we have summarized tips for leveling from TOP players, developers ’answers to gamers’ questions, guides for beginners from the official website and our secrets of passing the game. Attention, the Wise Geek website is constantly updated, visit us more often.
- A Beginner’s Guide
- Excavation Secrets
- Choose the right hero
- Secrets of the Kings Pass
- A Guide to Boosters and Objects
- Monsters and Traps Overview
- How do I get gold for Achievements?
- How to Win a Championship and Close Daily Goals?
- A Guide for Donators
Dig Out: A Beginner’s Guide
DIG OUT is an exciting adventure game from ZiMAD. Easy gameplay makes the game accessible for children and adults. Intricate puzzle levels allow the user to be smart and think out their own unique game strategy. And the endless underground world and randomly generated levels keep the player from getting bored.
The plot of the game
The creators of the game tell us about the life of treasure hunters. Previously, mountains of precious stones were mined from the ground, but the invading kings invaded the settlement and destroyed everything. The kings settled underground and set free monsters and traps. Now it is very difficult to get treasures, and only a real hero can help the inhabitants of the town.
The user tries on the role of various heroes and begins to extract treasures. Earning various bonuses, the player fights against the invading kings, and also helps to restore the destroyed settlement, rebuild the bastion, houses and rooms. To develop the storyline company, you need to complete a number of tasks.
During the passage of the story chapters, the player encounters the inhabitants of the town of treasure hunters. You cannot play for Grandfather, Talgo and Caleb, they do not participate in excavations, but they help the player get treasures, fight the Kings and restore the bastion.
Grandfather is a long-liver of the bastion. After completing tasks to restore the town, the grandfather tells part of the storyline and reveals the secrets of the bastion.
Talgo is a green goblin, the most important in treasure. The character helps the player in the mines, having reached the checkpoint with Talgo, all achievements and earned bonuses are saved. Lives in a hut with a special jewelery lift.
Caleb is a blacksmith who is in charge of weapons in the bastion. The character helps to improve the strength of the pickaxe, which is necessary for excavation underground. The forge needs to be restored to increase Caleb’s ability to pump a pickaxe.
The hero is the main character of the game who carries out excavations, fights monsters and destroys kings. The game features 32 heroes with unique abilities.
How to play?
The goal of the game is to excavate mines, collect gems, iron and crystals, destroy kings and rebuild the settlement. To start the game, you must press the "Play" button. At the first excavation, the user receives hints and free boosters.
The game doesn’t work without internet. To save progress, you need to connect via Facebook.
To repair buildings, you need to complete tasks and earn stars. Stars are given for reaching a new player level. The level rises for obtaining silver coins during excavations. The player receives coins for collecting diamonds, destroying enemies and breaking totems.
The main menu lists the tasks and how many stars you need to spend to complete it. For example, to rebuild a bastion wall you need 2 stars. To complete the story chapter, you must complete several stages of the tasks. For completing the chapter, the player receives a red chest with prizes. The contents of the chest can be found by clicking on it.
Complete the side quests first, then the chapter quests, so that a large number of side quests do not accumulate.
For killing kings, achieving achievements, completing daily goals, opening chests and watching videos, the player receives gold coins. This is the main currency of the game, for which the user can purchase boosters, restore life or open a new hero.
Coins are better spent on buying the right heroes than on purchasing boosters.
Also, the user needs to constantly improve the buildings in the bastion. In the first stages, the forge and the lift are improved. Further, there is a need to improve alchemical skills, the throne room and the arsenal.
Forge - by improving the forge, the player improves the pickaxe and increases its durability. The higher the strength of the pickaxe, the deeper the player can go down in the mine. At the bottom are the rarest diamonds that help in the fight against kings and get stars.
Lift - By improving the lift, the player gets more bonus silver each time, which helps in the fight against kings. Upgrading the elevator is purchased for crystals that can be found in chests during excavations. Spending crystals increases the percentage of the bonus received by 2.5%, 3%, and so on.
The main screen displays the bastion. Here the player can roam the area, climb stairs, jump off and explore the town. The main game location opens after swiping down, or pressing the "Play" button.
Main home screen buttons:
- Indicator - displays the number of lives (maximum 5), the number of gold coins earned, the number of stars received.
- Shop - the ability to buy gold coins and packs with boosters, get coins for watching videos (unlimited number of times) and a free treasure chest every 8 hours.
- The bonus for the first purchase is the opportunity to open the hero Barry in a protective helmet for free and get 10 amplifiers.
- Main menu - displays the player’s level, contains story tasks, tasks to improve buildings, heroes menu, achievements section.
- Settings - adjusting sound and music, connecting Facebook, contacting technical support and restoring previously made purchases.
- Results - Information about the Dig Out championship.
- Objectives - a list of daily tasks for which you can get prizes.
- Kings - the road of kings opens, containing information about the current enemy, his difficulty level and the traps that the player will encounter at the excavation.
Dig Out: Excavation Secrets
Each excavation map is generated automatically and the user needs to rethink the passage. The screen displays information:
- about the number of meters covered;
- about the strength of the pickaxe and the remaining energy;
- on the progress in the implementation of the mission;
- the rest of the king’s life;
- about collected coins, cups, swords;
- the number of available boosters;
- about the use of a special skill of the hero.
During the passage of the storyline, the user has the opportunity to use the teleport before starting the excavation. This device for the runes moves the hero immediately deep underground to the last checkpoint reached by the player.
Checkpoint is a specially equipped room in the mine, entering which the player saves all the bonuses earned during excavation and inflicts damage to the king. Checkpoints are located after a certain number of meters from each other. Its location can be determined by the compass icon with Talgo, the arrow indicates where you need to move to get to the checkpoint.
Pickaxe is the main tool for excavation. Important indicators of the pickaxe are its durability and the amount of remaining energy, they are displayed on the indicator in the upper left corner.
Energy is spent on cleaning blocks in the mine. The deeper the excavation goes, the more energy needs to be spent on one block. If the energy runs out, the player loses and loses all accumulated and not saved bonuses. You can restore energy by collecting special objects in the mine.
Remember the pickaxe! Restore its durability in time by collecting energy in the excavation.
At the beginning of the excavation, the player is shown the task that must be completed. Also, at the beginning of the round, you can buy boosters, since during the game you can buy them only at the checkpoint.
Tasks can be completed over several excavations, progress is saved at checkpoints. The main missions to be completed during excavation:
- collect diamonds;
- destroy certain monsters;
- collect energy;
- collect silver coins.
After the end of the round, if the hero was killed by a monster, he fell into a trap or the pickaxe broke, it is possible to resurrect the hero, or return to the bastion and watch a commercial to open the chest and receive a reward for completing the round.
The very first resurrection in the game is free, then you need to pay gold coins for it. The more often the user returns the hero during one excavation, the more expensive it is. For example, the first resurrection costs 750 gold coins, the next 1000 coins.
Pay attention to the tips that appear when loading the game. They contain valuable advice.
Dig Out: Choose the right hero
The hero is the main character, with the help of which the player performs excavations, collects useful objects and destroys monsters. At the beginning of the game, two free characters, Chuck and Scarlett, are given, who do not have any special skills. To get a new hero, you need to collect its fragments, from 5 to 50 fragments for one hero.
A fragment of the hero can be obtained:
- breaking cells with heroes in the excavation;
- completing daily goals;
- opening chests.
There are 5 types of heroes in the game:
- Common - you need to collect from 5 to 20 fragments: Chuck, Scarlett, Lando, Frosty, Lara, Conan, John, Jake.
- Rare - you need to collect 25 to 35 fragments: Arthur, Richie, Jafar, Xena, Robbie, Crowe, Barry, Steve, Rocky.
- Epic - you need to collect from 25 to 30 fragments: Bonnie, Vlad, Flint, Wayne, Jura, Ford, Sylvia, Nemo.
- Legendary - you need to collect from 25 to 35 fragments: Leach, Joe Chan, Woody, Paulo, Ramses.
- Unique - you need to collect 50 fragments: Cupid, Hunter.
Each user individually chooses a hero depending on his strategy. When kings are destroyed, various game situations arise, it is necessary to select the appropriate hero to successfully complete the levels.
It is best to choose heroes who know how to shoot at enemies. Better to play as Nick or Lando in the first levels.
|Chuck||No special skills|
|Scarlett||No special skills|
|Nick||Breaking 30 blocks will immediately stun the nearest enemy with a ball.|
|Landau||After breaking 12 blocks, it automatically launches an arrow at a random enemy.|
|Frosty||At a random time, upon impact, it freezes the ground or an enemy nearby.|
|Lara||Totems break faster.|
|Conan||Can push the stone up.|
|John||Recovers a pickaxe by 25% for each snake killed.|
|Jake||The cannon does not react to the hero.|
|Arthur||Once every 2 minutes, it can walk along the thorns without harm to itself.|
|Richie||Once broken, totems give more coins.|
|Jafar||Recovers a pickaxe by 20% for each broken thorns.|
|Xena||After breaking 12 blocks, automatically launches a boomerang in the direction of the last blow.|
|Robbie||Recovers a pickaxe by 20% for each broken cannon.|
|Crowe||Once every 2.5 minutes, kills a monster (excluding a ghost) upon colliding with it.|
|Barry||The helmet will protect against the stone and disappear, the helmet will be restored after 2.5 minutes.|
|Steve||Gains explosion protection every 10 seconds.|
|Rocky||Can push several stones in a row.|
|Bonnie||Goes for his own from the ghosts and will not be them.|
|Vlad||Recovers a pickaxe by 25% for each mouse killed.|
|Flint||The compass will show the way to resources, chests and a cage with a hero.|
|Wayne||TNT crates detonate with a 3 second delay.|
|Yura||The character is accompanied by a companion, which will protect from the nearest enemy (with the exception of the ghost), recovers after 45 seconds.|
|Ford||Recovers a pickaxe by 30% for each spider killed.|
|Silvia||After collecting 15 spheres of energy, it will fill the flask of power and immediately refill 75% of the pickaxe (but not less than 30 hits) if it breaks.|
|Nemo||Will highlight the energy in the boxes.|
|Leach||Kills a ghost every 2.5 minutes on collision with it.|
|Joe Chan||All enemies in the excavation are slowed down.|
|Woody||After killing 3 enemies, it turns into a ghost and can fly over the playing field for 6 seconds.|
|Paulo||After breaking 15 blocks, turns a random stone in the field of view into diamond or energy.|
|Ramses||Increases the mined silver by 2 times.|
|Cupid||After collecting 15 of any diamonds, it hovers above the ground for 4.5 seconds.|
|Hunter||After breaking 10 blocks, it automatically loads the cannon and shoots an energy beam in the direction of the last blow.|
Dig Out: Secrets of the Kings Pass
Kings are the bosses of the game. Your task is to destroy the kings one by one and get a good reward for this: various boosters and 2250 gold coins for each.
You can kill the king with the help of special swords that the player receives when collecting precious stones. For example, for a red diamond you can get 10 swords, for a purple one - 20, for a blue one - 50. The less often the diamond, the more damage it can inflict on the king.
All the swords accumulated during the excavation can be used by reaching the checkpoint. At this moment, the king is damaged and the amount of his life is reduced. The higher the difficulty level of the king, the more damage he needs to inflict.
An additional way to damage the king is by using a diamond totem. It is necessary to drop stones on the totem, or drop the totem from a height, then the damage is done immediately. The maximum damage can be inflicted by breaking the totem.
|King||Complexity||New at excavation|
|Kobold||1st level||Spiders, snakes, bats, stones, TNT boxes.|
|Kobold Miner||2nd level||Useful items begin to appear more often in ordinary boxes.|
|Shaman-land||1st level||Carnivorous bush and slugs. Wind and Thunder Totem, Diamond Totem. Monsters and obstacles can turn into a random object or enemy.|
|Kobold Hunter||2nd level||Levitator and mortar. Some monsters start moving faster.|
|Kobold Sorcerer||Level 3||Unstable TNT box. Some monsters can explode upon death.|
|Shaman water||2nd level||Fire totem and thorny vine. More energy crystals in the dig.|
|Goblin Warrior||Level 3||-|
|Immortal||4th level||Skeleton and headstone.|
|Goblin Engineer||2nd level||-|
|Air shaman||2nd level||Objects temporarily stop falling.|
|Skeleton Archer||Level 3||A curse.|
|Goblin Demoman||4th level||-|
|Necromancer||Level 3||Spiders tend to leave cobwebs.|
|Fire shaman||2nd level||-|
|Goblin Shaman||Level 3||-|
|Vlad Mrakula||4th level||Vampire. After killing monsters, ghosts appear.|
|Klaus the Merciless||Level 3||The ghost vampire heals his king when the victim bites, killing him damages the king.|
|Growl||Level 3||Cursed totem.|
|Chucky||4th level||Side wind.|
|Inferno||Level 5||Panic fear.|
|Victor Frankenstein||Level 3||-|
|Hard rock||Level 3||Barrel.|
|Khefra Mikerin||Level 5||-|
Dig Out: A Guide to Boosters and Objects
The player receives boosters as a reward for destroying kings, they can also be purchased before starting the game or at the checkpoint for gold coins. Each booster has its own distinctive feature that helps the player overcome difficulties in the mine.
- Ice Bomb - a booster that allows you to freeze everything around and turn earth blocks into ice, 3 bombs cost 1500 gold coins.
- Alchemist’s bomb - a booster that turns nearby stones and enemies into diamonds, 3 bombs cost 2250 gold coins.
- The booster is a booster in the form of a golden kick, increases the durability of the pick by 25%, and the number of silver coins and cups received by 50%, 3 picks cost 2250 gold coins.
During excavation, the player encounters many different objects that can bring both benefit and harm. Useful objects bring coins, cups and swords to destroy kings. It is necessary to use objects wisely and think over the way to them past monsters and traps.
- Iron Chest - Iron must be collected to improve the pickaxe in the forge.
- Chest with crystals - crystals need to be collected to improve the lift and increase the silver bonus received at the checkpoint.
- Stone blocks - cannot be removed, cannot be affected by pickaxes and explosions.
- Ice blocks - no pickaxe energy is expended on cleaning them.
- Box - can be broken, contains useful objects, there may also be a monster in the box.
- Round stones - the hero moves to the left or to the right, only one stone can be moved (the exception is Rocky). If the hero removed the block and ended up under the stone nothing will happen, but if he falls on the hero, he will die. If two stones are on top of each other, the top one rolls to the side.
- Levitating stone - unlike an ordinary stone, it does not fall, but rises up.
- TNT box - when hit or dropped, the box explodes and destroys everything within its radius of action, including enemies. It is necessary to quickly move away from the affected area.
- Unstable TNT box - a timer is installed that can start the countdown and then explode, you need to quickly move away from the affected area.
- A cell with a hero - contains one fragment of an unopened hero, to get it you need to break it with a pickaxe.
- Diamonds are precious stones that bring coins, cups and swords to destroy kings. The color of a diamond determines its value, for example, red, gives 5 coins and 10 swords, and blue - 50 coins and 50 swords. The rarer the diamond, the higher its value. Rare diamonds are found at the depth of the mine.
- Energy - restores the strength of the pickaxe, the amount of restored strength depends on the color of the collected energy.
- Wind totem - monsters begin to move faster, the hero’s movements slow down significantly, you can break and stop his action.
- Thunder Totem - capable of destroying a ghost, replenishes the energy of a pickaxe when struck.
- Silver and Gold Totem - when hitting and breaking, allows you to earn coins.
- Diamond Totem - when hitting and breaking, deals significant damage to the king.
- Fire Totem - upon impact or falling, an explosion occurs that destroys everything within its radius of action.
- Cursed totem - chains all the diamonds around, to free them you need to destroy the totem.
- Tombstone - when hit or falling, it breaks and can turn into a useful object, you need to be careful, as the stone can turn into a skeleton.
- Chests with video - increases by one the level of the chest, which the user can view at the end of the round. The higher the level of the chest, the better its contents.
Dig Out: Monsters and Traps Overview
To make it more difficult for the hero to get gems, crystals and iron, the kings let monsters into the mines and set traps. If the hero is caught, he will die, and the player will end the round. In case of death, all received coins, cups, crystals, iron are lost, and swords earned are also canceled and do not damage the king. For killing monsters and destroying traps, you can get coins and cups.
- The snake is only a horizontal trajectory, it must be sharpened between the blocks, lowered to the bottom line, or destroyed.
- The bat is constantly striving upward, can move left and right until it reaches the highest possible point.
- Spider - moves through empty space, leaves behind a cobweb, falling into which the hero is immobilized for several seconds, must be blocked and destroyed.
- Slug - leaves behind a sticky trail, stepping on which the energy of the pickaxe is lost.
- Thorns - are dangerous only if stepped on, can be destroyed with a stone, cannon or explosion.
- Carnivorous bush - you must bypass the side otherwise the bush will eat the hero, affects 5 cells of the field.
- Thorny Vine - envelops useful objects, to collect them you need to spend the energy of a pickaxe.
- Roots - twine around the hero at the moment when he does not move for several seconds, they are safe in themselves, but immobilize for a few seconds.
- Skeleton - chases after the hero, destroying everything in its path, you can run away or destroy.
- Vampire - harmless while sleeping, then turns into a mouse and hunts for the hero. It is necessary to bypass or destroy before awakening.
- Ghost - awakens when the hero is nearby, able to move around the entire field above the blocks. It is difficult to escape, so you need to go around.
- Werewolf - acts with a full moon and hunts for the hero, if the moon hides behind the clouds, then the monster does not pose a threat.
- Levitator - raises objects up, when disabled, they fall down and can harm the hero. It is necessary to bypass the side.
- Poison shooter - shoots toxins at the hero, after being hit, the hero immediately dies, you must bypass, or destroy.
- A worm is a dangerous monster that hides under objects, if the object trembles, then there is a worm under it.
- Gargoyle - an ordinary stone can turn into a gargoyle, if this happens the hero needs to run away.
- Cannon - it is activated if the hero is opposite it, destroys everything 3 cells of the field forward, can destroy monsters. It is necessary to bypass or destroy.
- Mortar - shoots at the target and destroys everything near it, you need to quickly move away from the affected area, you can destroy it.
- Side wind - strong gusts of wind that can move stones from their place, can harm the hero, you need to watch out for gusts.
- Smoke - safe, but hides all elements of the excavation, you must destroy the generator to get rid of the smoke.
- Barrel - leaves traces of oil behind it, after the loss of durability explodes and sets fire to traces of oil along a chain, can destroy monsters.
- Curse - instant death for the hero, monsters, passing through him, can carry him to the cells of the field, you need to bypass and block from monsters.
- Darkness - it is darker in the mines, you cannot see what is happening on the field, to illuminate the road you need to look for energy.
- Panic fear - panic waves do not allow the player to control the hero; in order to curb fear, it is necessary to destroy enemies.
Dig Out: How do I get gold for Achievements?
During the game, the user, performing certain actions, can receive rewards for their achievements. There are only three levels of achievements. For the first level of achievement, the player receives 25 gold coins, for the second - 50, for the third - 75.
The player receives achievements for the following actions:
- finding diamonds;
- killing spiders;
- number of excavations completed;
- the number of improvements made to the pickaxe;
- the amount of time spent playing;
- finding orange diamonds;
- killing n-th number of spiders in one game;
- depth of descent into mines;
- collecting the n-th number of silver coins in one game;
- number of broken picks;
- opening chests;
- killing snakes;
- destruction of thorns;
- killing bats;
- finding blue diamonds;
- finding green diamonds;
- killing n-th number of snakes in one game;
- destroy n-th number of thorns in one game;
- killing n-th number of mice in one game;
- collecting power;
- breaking boxes;
- explosion of n-th number of TNT boxes in one game;
- killing spiders by explosion;
- explosion killing mice;
- killing snakes by explosion;
- the discovery of new heroes;
- breaking gold with a totem;
- breaking silver with a totem;
- the number of awakened ghosts;
- destruction of guns;
- killing ghosts;
- stunning someone with Nick’s baseball;
- breaking Barry’s helmets;
- breaking thorns with Arthur’s shield;
- hitting someone with a Yura rocket;
- the number of Crowe wolves released;
- hitting someone with Lando’s arrow;
- the use of Sylvia flasks;
- using Steve’s stunner;
- destruction of the destroyers.
Dig Out: How to Win a Championship and Close Daily Goals?
The Dig Out Championship is held every few days. The user participates in the championship automatically. The place occupied in the table depends on the number of cups earned during the excavation process. Cups can be obtained for diamonds and the destruction of enemies. On the championship board, you can follow the progress of the competition and understand how many points still need to be earned in order to receive a medal and an award for a prize place.
The content of the prize that the player receives depends on the level of the league the user is in. The higher the league, the better the prizes. Occupying high places, the player moves to a higher league. There are 7 leagues with 3 levels of promotion each:
Every day the player is asked to achieve 11 different goals, for achieving one goal you can get 10 or 20 points. The content and the number of prizes received depends on the number of points earned. The maximum number of points per day is 100.
Daily goals :
- start 5 excavations;
- open any 5 chests;
- collect 2000 silver coins;
- visit 3 checkpoints;
- complete 2 missions;
- kill any 5 monsters;
- pick up 10 energy;
- play 2 heroes;
- activate any booster;
- get to a depth of 30 meters;
- get to a depth of 60 meters.
By gradually completing daily goals, the player can receive 5 valuable prizes :
- For 20 points collected - 25 gold coins, 1500 silver coins, 1 life.
- For 40 points gained - 25 gold coins, 30 crystals.
- For 60 points scored - 25 gold coins, 1 life.
- For 80 points gained - 25 gold coins, 80 iron.
- For 100 points scored - 1 hero fragment, 1 life.
Dig Out: A Guide for Donators
In the store, the user can purchase various improvements for currency: gold coins (from 3000 to 187500 coins), boosters, increasing the strength of the pickaxe. There are various sets that differ from each other in price and purchased bonuses:
- Novice’s Pack - you get 1250 gold coins, 1 ice bomb, 1 alchemist bomb, 1 booster, 60 runes, pickaxe strength increases by 2.
- Apprentice set - get 3250 gold coins, 3 ice bombs, 3 alchemist bombs, 3 boosters, 180 runes, pickaxe strength increases by 6.
- Pro Pack - get 6250 gold coins, 7 ice bombs, 7 alchemist bombs, 7 boosters, 360 runes, pickaxe durability increases by 12.
- Veteran’s Pack - you get 13000 gold coins, 13 ice bombs, 13 alchemist bombs, 13 boosters, 700 runes, pickaxe strength increases by 25.
- Master’s set - you get 33,500 gold coins, 33 ice bombs, 33 alchemist bombs, 33 boosters, 1,800 runes, the strength of the pickaxe is increased by 60.
- Champion ’s Pack - you get 46750 gold coins, 45 ice bombs, 45 alchemist bombs, 45 boosters, 2500 runes, pickaxe durability increases by 85.
- Growth set - allows you to get the maximum number of bonuses for killing the king. For example, for killing 2 kings, you get 100 iron, when you buy a set, 700 iron and 1400 diamonds are added to the prize.
- Special offers - valid for a month, allow you to purchase sets with gold coins, boosters and an increase in the strength of the pickaxe.
Any purchase disables push ads. The best buy is the growth kit. If you plan to play for a long time, destroy all the kings and restore the bastion, purchase it.