Dragon Ball Legends WiKi: Tips and Tricks for Game Walkthrough
DRAGON BALL LEGENDS - Android game with release date 01/18/2018 from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. Game genre: Action. In the article, we have summarized tips for leveling from TOP players, developers answers to gamers questions, guides for beginners from the official website and our secrets of passing the game. Attention, the Wise Geek website is constantly updated, visit us more often.
- Tier List (TOP best heroes)
- A Beginner’s Guide
- Character Tips
- Hyperspace Tips
- Secrets of PvP Victories
- How to install the game?
Dragon Ball Legends: Tier List (TOP best heroes)
Heroes "Z" are the best fighters in the game. These heroes have a team or several teams built around them. They have full team support that allows them to highlight how powerful their tools are. They also have an ability that provides control over major game systems and forces enemy teams to play around a single character.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (blue).
- SP Youth Goku (yellow).
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito Future (purple).
- SP Fusion Zamasu (purple).
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (green).
Heroes "S" are some of the best warriors in the game, not much different from Z-fighters. These heroes have a few minor flaws that prevent them from taking over the game all the time, or lack proper tag support, which in turn jeopardizes their good performance.
- SP Android 16 (green).
- SP Super Saiyan Trunks Adult Rage (yellow).
- SP Vegito (yellow).
- SP Super Saiyan 2 Kefla (green).
- SP Youth Trunks (blue).
- HE Shallot (Light).
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Goku (red).
- EX Gogeta (red).
- SP Super Saiyan Goku RoC (green).
- SP Super Saiyan 4 Goku (purple).
"Level 1" heroes are heroes who make up for their minor or moderately significant deficiencies by being good choices in powerful teams. They all have very strong tools (above average), but not too strong for a higher TOP. They perform well in the best PvP teams.
- SP Super Vegito (purple).
- SP Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Goku (green).
- SP Android 21: Evil (purple).
- SP Omega Shenron (red).
- SP Super Saiyan Teen Trunks (red).
- SP Gohan Adult (blue).
- SP Piccolo (yellow).
- SP Final Form Cooler (blue).
- SP Turles (yellow).
- SP Majin Buu: Good (green).
- SP Cooler (purple).
- SP Super Kaioken Goku (green).
- SP Super Saiyan Gotenks (red).
- SP Final Form Friza: Full Power (yellow).
- SP Vegito (blue).
Heroes from the TOP of level 1 list can easily move to lower levels, and characters that are not included in our list, over time, can enter the TOP of the best warriors in the game. Since the statistics change frequently (depending on updates), the lists of the leading heroes may change. Visit our website more often to find out the news first.
The best heroes for PvP. At the time of this writing, these heroes perform at their best in battles with other players in the Arena.
- SP Goku Black (yellow).
- SP Final Form Coora (blue).
- SP Super Vegito (purple).
- SP Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black (red).
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (green).
- SP Kakarot Goku (red).
Dragon Ball Legends: A Beginner’s Guide
Dragon ball legendsis a gacha game with RPG and fighting game mechanics. Gacha games are a relatively new genre that quickly gained popularity in Japan and other countries around the world. They usually feature a mechanic of the same name, where the player uses what looks like a toy vending machine to obtain random virtual items such as new characters, costumes, and armor. Fighting (from the English. Fighting - fight, fight, duel, wrestling) is a genre of games that simulate hand-to-hand combat of a small number of characters within a limited space called the arena. RPG is a genre of computer (mobile) games based on the gameplay elements of traditional tabletop role-playing games. In the role-playing game, the gamer controls one or more characters, each of which is described by a set of numerical characteristics, a list of abilities and skills;examples of such characteristics can be points of health, strength, dexterity, protection, and others.
If you are interested in other games from the Dragonball universe, then we recommend trying in parallel the game Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, which we wrote about earlier - https://wisegeek.ru/aad/dragon-ball-z . This will help you better understand the world of the famous anime, and diversify your leisure time.
This is the process of starting a new game (multiple times) until the player summons the best available fighters using the initially provided Chrono Crystals (Chrono Crystals are the main currency of the game). While a second restart is recommended, it is optional and depends on how the gamer wants to play. For those who are only interested in PvE (battles against monsters) content, there is a good chance that a good set of hero fighters will drop out.
For players looking to become strong in the PVP arena, this is a completely different story. The rarer fighters tend to have the most powerful abilities, so it is preferable to repeat the restart until the user has summoned at least two sparkling fighters.
How to re-roll:
- The Dragon Ball Legends app must be installed.
- Complete the tutorial (the first few training missions of the campaign).
- Summon as many fighters as possible using the available Chrono Crystals. If these wars are desired, there is no need to re-roll.
- Otherwise, you need to uninstall the application, and repeat the installation and training from the very beginning, until the fighters who suit you are called.
The game starts with a fairly simple tutorial that explains all the controls needed to play:
- The upward sweep moves the hero forward.
- Down hitting moves the character backward.
- Tapping the screen multiple times when a fighter is near an enemy forces the war to deliver multiple main hits or one energy blast if the enemy is far away.
- Pressing and holding your finger on the screen will charge the Ki Energy Bar faster than it would be charged by a fighter standing still. Ki is required in order to use art cards (they can be seen at the bottom of the screen). Understanding how to combine art cards and manipulate Ki is essential to winning.
- Swiping left or right takes you a fade step. Disappearing steps are important because they are the only defensive action. The disappearing step can be performed when an exclamation mark appears above the fighter’s head, it allows the hero to dodge enemy attacks. This action drains the "disappearing gauge" that appears under the warrior. He will recover after a while, so a good strategy is to attack from the right or exchange with another fighter on the team immediately after dodging. The disappearance gauge will not replenish while the fighters are charging their Ki or attacking.
- Clicking on a hero’s icon will activate his main ability. The effect of the main ability is different for each fighter. The specifics of the skill can be viewed in the "Abilities" tab of the warrior.
- When two characters collide (that is, they throw at the same time or start a fight with a beam), they provoke a "Dokabaki strike" (two bars appear, and the player who fills the bar above wins).
- Each art card gives a random chance of a Dragonball spawning in its upper left corner. After seven turns, a character can make an upward throw - a move so powerful that it can potentially knock out fighters with significantly higher power levels.
There are six types of art cards:
- Strike (Red, melee attacks).
- Explosion (Yellow, ranged attacks).
- Extra move (green, buff statistics or other effects).
- Special move (blue, deals huge damage).
- Final move (blue with a spiked border, only for certain units).
- Awakened (purple, certain heroes only).
Advantages and disadvantages. There are seven elements in the game. Each fighter is represented by an element, each of which has strengths and weaknesses:
- Cyan is strong to red and weak to green.
- Green is strong for blue and weak for violet.
- Purple is strong for green and weak for yellow.
- Yellow is strong for purple and weak for red.
- Red is strong for yellow and weak for blue.
These are the main five elements. There are two additional "special" elements:
- Darkness is strong for all basic elements, but weak for Light.
- Light is strong for Darkness and neutral for everyone else.
Dragon Ball Legends: Character Tips
Attack values (hit and explosion),
Protection values (impact and explosion),
Critical speed (damage is randomly increased by 25%).
Ki recovery rate.
Recovery rate of the fade step.
- Melee fighters have a high shock attack.
- Ranged warriors have a high explosive attack, and often have a higher Ki recovery rate compared to melee fighters.
- Support heroes have abilities that benefit every teammate, often with healing abilities. Their statistics are usually good.
- Defense characters (tanks) excel in health, and in one or both types of defensive characteristics.
Art Cards. When building a team, the chosen fighters will affect the art cards that appear in combat. For example, choosing a large number of melee heroes gives more Strike Arts cards.
Tags. Each hero has his own set of marks that affect the positive effects available to them from their allies. Characters should be placed on teams where their Z-abilities enhance the marks that teammates have, and vice versa.
Abilities and moves:
- Basic ability - this skill is activated by clicking on the warrior icon. There is usually a time limit for use (skill recharge).
- Unique Ability - Unless stated otherwise, these abilities activate on their own.
- Z-ability is a skill that is always active, it is constantly used by every member of the team (even those who are in the team, but do not actually fight). It consists in increasing some characteristics for a certain category of fighters.
- Special (Extra, End, and Awakened) Movements - These moves appear as Arts cards along with Impact and Explosion cards.
- Resistance - Some attacks, such as special moves, do a specific type of damage called complex damage. Damage received depends on the fighter’s resistance to this type of damage (cut, puncture, blow, explosion).
- Ordinary warriors.
- EX - extreme heroes, have a high rarity.
- SP - Sparkling fighters, the rarest and usually the most powerful.
How to improve characters’ stardom? Collecting 100 Z forces will unlock the fighter. Collecting even more Z-forces makes the fighter stronger and starts giving him stars. Each hero can have up to 7 stars and each star has its own effect.
Note that after receiving a star, the Z power meter is reset to 0.
Distribution of Z-forces:
- 0 stars - 100 Z-Strength, getting a warrior.
- 1 star - 200 Z-forces, health, attack (hit, explosion), defense (hit, explosion) and critical are increased by 5%.
- 2 stars - 400 Z-forces, health, attack (hit, explosion), defense (hit, explosion) and critical are increased by 5%.
- 3 stars - 700 Z-forces, the Z-ability of the hero rises to level 2.
- 4 stars - 1400 Z-forces, health, attack (hit, explosion), defense (hit, explosion) and critical are increased by 5%.
- 5 stars - 2400 Z-forces, Z-ability of the fighter rises to 3 levels.
- 6 stars - 5000 Z-forces, health, attack (hit, explosion), defense (hit, explosion) and critical are increased by 5%.
- 7 stars - 9999 Z-forces, Z-ability of the hero increases to 4 levels.
Z-powers can be obtained through missions, events, and scout battles. It’s always a good idea to check the Frontpage calendar for current events and special battles to see where and when certain units can be unlocked without having to summon them.
Soul boost and level up. "Rising Souls" and "Super Souls" can be collected in the Story Mode (story campaign). They come in a variety of colors (red, yellow, blue, green, purple). Each element needs souls of the same color (with the exception of Dark and Light, which simply require a wider variety of these items). Legends of Road Events often give players heroes that can only be augmented with a soul through exclusive soul events.
Some of the souls can be bought at the exchange office using rare medals. They can be obtained by logging into the system, completing all the tasks in the chapter of the story mode, or playing PvP.
After unlocking a certain number of panels, "Upgrade" becomes available. Unlocking the class panel increases the maximum level of the fighter. Currently, each hero can climb four times with a maximum level of 2000.
Dragon Ball Legends: Hyperspace Tips
Hyperspace Co-op is a mode in which two players work together to defeat an incredibly powerful opponent. The mechanics of these encounters differ from the standard gameplay. Concepts such as shield, assistant, double hit, and aggro must be understood in order to smoothly destroy the enemy.
The choice of your fighter. Each player in Hyperspace Co-op can only take one combatant with him, boosted by 3 pieces of equipment and up to 10 support fighters using Z-abilities. The protagonist must succeed in single combat and have the advantage of color over the enemy. And the bench of substitute characters should increase the offensive characteristics of the participant in the battle.
It should be borne in mind that the unique abilities of some fighters, depending on other participants in the battle, will not be activated in Hyperspace mode.
Shield. Hyperspace bosses have a shield that is active at the start of each fight. This shield significantly reduces damage, prevents knockdown and makes knockout of the boss impossible.
Shield depletion and hit chance. As arts cards are used against the Shield, its power will be depleted. Hit Chance is triggered when the Shield is fully reduced, giving both players an increased card draw speed and Ki recovery. Perfect chance to use abilities like Ultimate Arts and Rising Rushes.
Double punch. If the boss and fighter are involved in a Dokabaki strike, they are paused for a set amount of time, during which if another combatant uses a strike or explosive attack, a "double hit" is triggered. Double Strike is a flamboyant team attack that dramatically depletes the power of the Shield, so it’s always worth initiating. It is worth noting that this is the only way to knock the boss off the active shield.
Link. Each time damage is dealt to the boss, the link percentage will increase, increasing each fighter’s damage against the Shield. When the "hit chance" occurs, the link percentage will strengthen each fighter depending on how high he is. The link percentage will reset if the boss is not dealt damage within about 3 timer counts, so it’s best to keep stepping on to maintain it.
Aggro. Bosses in Hyperspace can only target one fighter at a time, which is indicated by the Boss Aggro. Aggro changes depending on the actions of each participant in the battle.
Poignancy. "Taunt" can be used by every participant in the battle, which is guaranteed to make the boss the target of that fighter. Taunt has 15 cooldown timers, so it’s best to save it until a dire situation arises.
Help. If a combatant is beaten, Aid can be used to take damage instead. Cover-change abilities will work when Assist is triggered, so defensive fighters will be able to show their usefulness in this mode.
Rising Rush (Rising throw). Both combatants choose cards during upward rolls in Hyperspace, and 3 different stages can occur. If both players choose the same card and the boss chooses another, a perfect upward throw will occur, dealing additional damage. If both players choose a different card, a standard upward throw will be triggered. If both players and the boss choose the same card, the upward roll will fail.
Dragon Ball Legends: Secrets of PvP Victories
Best PvP Commands
Consistent commands in attack and defense. All units have multiple victory conditions, so they can afford to make mistakes multiple times per battle without compromising their chances of winning. In short, these teams are clearly superior to others.
Team of the future :
- SP Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito (blue) is the perfect hero to start a battle with its explosive armor and long combo potential. Combining skills with an extra move that can remove an opponent’s damage reduction makes them deadly if they manage to get priority early.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (Green) - Its offensive support design allows the warrior to repel all major offensive attacks.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito Future (Purple) - Despite being mostly support, all the damage effects it provides to his allies apply to him, so he is quite lethal, especially for the first 50 match timers.
- SP Super Saiyan Rage Trunks (Yellow) - This fighter should not be underestimated as he can easily accumulate high damage effects, both for himself and his allies. His main ability is also very powerful because it significantly increases his damage and provides him with a final move that removes the opponent’s effects, including damage reduction.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Goku (Red) - His ability to deal high damage immediately makes him a good choice against teams with strong yellow fighters.
- SP Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito (blue) - Along with other offensive powerful skills, he can use multiple strike cards and still hold a full hand, making it easier for his allies to switch and complete a full combo.
- SP Vegito (Yellow) - Transforming stats combined with a huge bonus to abilities makes him very tough. Its many buffs make the fighter very reliable for the entire fight.
- SP Super Saiyan 2 Kefla (Green) - She is amazingly strong in offense, stacks very high impact effects quickly, has ultimate turn burst and explosive armor effects.
- SP Super Vegito (purple) - the hero has a very high potential of the attacking "Hanks" for his large and stacked damage, which increases unique abilities. In particular, he reaches his peak as soon as he uses his main skill.
- SP Vegito (red) - He has a lot of very good support effects, as he is able to significantly improve the attack of his allies, and heal everyone.
God Ki Command :
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (green) is a huge offensive force. Both his punch and burst damage are very high, and he is able to perform long combos thanks to the way his Ki cost reduction mechanic works. Once he activates his main ability, he is able to destroy any non-purple hero in one combination.
- SP Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito (blue) is the perfect hero to start a battle with its explosive armor and long combo potential.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (Purple) - His support, damage output and manipulation make him a very important fighter for this team.
- HE Shallot (Light) - On the defensive, he is one of the most resilient fighters in the game, excluding damage reduction effects. This makes it pretty solid overall, as its survivability is not tied to the kind of effects that can be easily removed.
- SP Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black (red) - He is a very level-headed fighter, with decent overall damage and a unique defensive ability.
Family Team Vegito:
- SP Super Saiyan Rage Trunks (Yellow) - His main skill, one of the best in the game, providing him with massive offensive and defensive effects, as well as a final move that removes the enemy’s buffs.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (Green) - His huge offensive dash can completely change the course of the match. It also has good offensive damage reduction effects on the opponent.
- SP Super Saiyan God SS Vegito (purple) - Its team-wide effects are so versatile that they fit well into any possible Vegito family structure.
- SP Youth Trunks (blue) - His high punch stat compensates for the average offensive effects, in fact, he is capable of dealing massive amounts of damage with punch cards, and his special move is a permanent nukes.
- SP Super Saiyan Teen Trunks (red) - He does a great job of defending this team, especially against heroes like SP Kid Goku (yellow).
We bring you the best techniques of experienced Dragon Ball Legends players so you can gain a significant advantage in combat.
Motion. The movement options in the game are surprisingly versatile. Proper use of movement techniques is integral to maintaining an advantage.
Throw forward. Reaching a medium distance before disappearing makes it easy to combine opportunities, since no matter which card disappeared, the fighter will have enough time to start the combination before the opponent can act again. This technique is especially useful as bait against melee enemies like SP Angry Goku BLU.
Throw back. Used as a way to increase the distance between the hero and the opponent, can be used with great effect in certain scenarios. If the opponent tends to push a punch after canceling the Ki explosion, the backward preemptive throw can be helpful, as it creates a major punishment opportunity against the enemy warrior trapped in the Tap Punch combo.
Tackle. It is a versatile tool. It can be used at medium range, when the enemy is in the second half of their dodge animation to ensure they disappear from them, it smoothly transitions into a punch combination, and can be woven into combinations to purposefully stall for time. It can even chase long distances if the opponent drifts or dashes backwards to increase the distance, providing a combo.
Tackle has its drawbacks: the action has clear animation, so it is predictable by observant opponents. It is best used when enemies are caught off guard, mainly when they are in the first half of the side animation. Tackle can also be overwritten with Strike Arts.
Drift forward and backward. Drifting in any direction is a great way to close a space or increase distance without putting yourself at a disadvantage. Drifting forward is useful in a number of scenarios to outwit the enemy, such as after landing a special Move Arts card, or to tune in to a tackle that will continue to apply pressure.
Backward drift allows heroes to easily retreat long distances, but is incredibly vulnerable to attacks that continue over long distances. These attacks must be answered with an Arts card or disappearing. Drifting backwards also stops all Ki recovery. It is a useful tool to be sure of the outcome of a battle, but should be used with caution.
Step to the side. In fighting games, the term "hitstun" refers to the amount of time a fighter is in recoil (a series of enemy strikes) after hitting an attack. In Dragon Ball Legends, explosive cards cause a longer hit than strike cards, which means fighters can get away from using moves with longer starts and still maintain their combos.
This is true because of the combinations that are available after the cards are dealt. A hitstun strike card lasts about 4 timer counts. There is only one optimal combination after choosing Strike Cards - bypassing or using another card.
Charge step. The "hitstun" explosive card lasts 6 timer counts. Explosive maps unlock a couple of optimal combo routes (due to their long use).
After completing one of them, the character can retreat to restore energy before using another card - in particular, they can wait longer to activate another card after a side step or explosive card.
Step Tackle. The tackle can be used to artificially expand the combination at the expense of the overall damage. In situations where swapping is disabled by counting substitutions, it can be helpful to activate the tackle between each art card used to delay combat.
Dragon Ball Legends: How to install the game?
This question is asked by newbies who are faced with installation problems via the App Store or Google Play. For correct installation on a mobile device, we recommend following these steps:
- You need to download and install the Appcloner app.
- It is required to download and install the APK version of the game (a file format consisting of full zipped Android application codes) from any source.
- Next, you need to open Appcloner and in the upper left corner of the menu click on the "folder".
- Then in the lower right corner to add the program, you should tap on the "plus sign" and select the previously installed version of the APK of the game.
- The last step is cloning and installing the game.
If it is necessary to perform an update, then the action takes place in the same way.
Article author: Evgeniya G.