Zen Mani Walkthrough: Tips, WIKI, Reviews
ZEN-MANI - Android program with release date 03/04/2015 from the company Zenmoney.ru. In the article, we summarized the official guides and game guides, developers ’answers to players’ questions. Attention, the article is periodically updated, look at the site Wise Geek more often.
- General Questions
- Account Setup
- Accounts (cards, deposits, loans, etc.)
- Accounting for Expenses, Income, Debts
- Synchronization with banks, adding operations from SMS
- Widgets in Overview
- Budget and Goals
- Family Accounting
Zen Mani: General Questions
Benefits of Premium Subscription. Premium Subscription gives you access to additional Zen mani tools. In applications for Android and iOS:
- Report by category;
- Trends (only on Android);
- Category Section;
- Section Payers and Recipients;
- Filter in the History section.
When registering, each user is given two weeks of premium subscription to get acquainted with all the possibilities of Zen-mani. Subscription tied to account. When authorizing with your login on any device, you will have all the premium features. For a family account (with multiple logins), one subscription is enough.
What are the operations with the category "Adjustment" and how to disable them? The operation with the category "Correction" is created automatically when SMS is recognized, if the balance from SMS does not match the account balance in the system. To disable the creation of adjustments, in the settings of all (or individual) accounts, uncheck the "Correct balance when recognizing SMS" box.
Calculation of credit card balances when recognizing SMS. If you want the credit card balance to be equal to the debt, then fill in the Credit limit in the account settings. Then, when recognizing SMS, the system will adjust the account balance to the actual debt (the balance will be negative). If you want the balance to be equal to the available limit, then just do not fill out the Credit limit in the account settings.
Synchronization with the server. Synchronization starts when you open and close the application. To start synchronization, just close the application. If you need to get new data from the server that you entered while the application was open, close and immediately open the application. To start forced synchronization, you can click on the update button in the application menu.
Directory of payers and recipients (places of payment). The directory of payers and recipients is used in the form of adding an operation in the following fields:
- Expense / place of payment;
- Income / Payer;
- Duty / Who (name) / To (name).
To replace one recipient (A) with another (B), open A for editing, enter B in the name and save.
Autoliths (diagrams in the form of adding operations). Autolith is the average consumption by category over the past three months. To calculate autolith, you need a history of operations for at least one full month.Consumption relative to autolith is shown in the form of a diagram around the category icon in the form of adding operations.
- If the expense for the current month in the category is less than autolith, then the chart is shown in gray .
- If the flow rate is more than average, but less than the maximum over the past three months, then the chart turns yellow .
- If the flow rate has exceeded the maximum for the last three months, then the chart turns red .
Budget by category. After adding an expense, a report is displayed in which one of the views: Expense by category relative to Budget by category.
How to start all over again (delete all data)? Log in to the web version with your username and password.Go to Settings and click "Start all over again". After that, in the application you need to log in: Settings / Logout, then log in again.
Zen Mani: Account Setup
1. Add invoices. Cash, cards, deposits, loans are added to the application as separate accounts. In the application, by default, the accounts "Cash" and "Card" are already created. The remaining accounts can be added in three ways:
- From bank SMS. In the future, operations on these accounts will be added automatically upon receipt of SMS from the bank. To add accounts, go to the SMS Log, click "Recognize SMS" and select the period for which to add transactions.
- From online banking. In the future, operations on these accounts will be imported from the bank. To add accounts, go to the Accounts section, click (+) in the toolbar and "Add connection to the bank".
- Manually. Operations on these accounts will need to be entered manually. To add accounts, go to the Accounts section, click (+) in the toolbar and "Add Account".
In order to simplify further accounting of operations and already at the first stage to obtain data for analysis, it is recommended to add accounts from SMS or from Internet banking. If after adding accounts you do not need the default account "Card", then you can delete it in the account settings (in the Accounts section, click on the gear icon in the card with the name of the account).
2. Indicate how much money you have in your accounts. When registering in the application, "Cash" and "Card" accounts were created with zero balances. Indicate how much money you have in these accounts. If necessary, adjust the balances on other accounts. To adjust balances, go to History, press red (+) at the bottom of the screen and select "Balance Correction."
3. Add the planned operations with the receipt of your salary and your monthly payments: utilities, telephone, Internet, etc. Based on this information, an expense calendar will be built and widgets configured in the Overview section. To add a planned operation, go to History, press red (+) at the bottom of the screen, select the type of operation, in the form for adding an operation, specify the date of the next payment and the frequency of repetition.
4. Configure widgets in the Overview section. For example, "Budget 50/20/30" to plan monthly savings and stay within the budget for mandatory and optional expenses. Or widget "Limit for a period" to stay within the limit for a certain period (week, month from an arbitrary date, etc.).
5. Add an additional username for your spouse to keep a family account. Family accounting allows several family members to use one account. Each user will have their own login to the system, their personal accounts and their settings for comfortable work with the application. To add an additional login, go to Settings / "Joint (family) accounting" / Add a new user.
Zen mani: Accounts (cards, deposits, loans, etc.)
Credit Card Accounting. A credit card is added as an invoice with the type "Card". In the account settings, specify the Credit limit. In the Current balance indicate the amount of debt (with a minus sign) or 0 if there is no debt. The credit limit is used to calculate the amount of available funds, as well as to calculate the balance when adding transactions from SMS or from the Internet bank.
Accounting for loans. Consumer, auto or mortgage loans are added as an account with the type "Credit".When adding a loan, indicate the loan conditions:
- Date of loan;
- Credit term;
- Interest rate;
- Type of payments (annuity or differentiated).
When adding a loan through the web version, you can immediately create the planned operations with the repayment of the loan. There is no such option in the mobile application. If you took a loan recently and want to take into account the receipt of credit money into your account, then you can specify the account for receipt of money. If you took a loan a long time ago, we recommend that you do not create a transfer. The loan conditions are needed for the initial calculation of interest and in the future they are not used anywhere else.
After creating an account, the loan balance will be negative and will include the total amount of debt (loan body + interest). The monthly loan payment is added as a transfer, for example, from cash to credit or from card to credit. If you repaid part of the loan ahead of schedule, then you need to adjust the first loan operation, which includes the loan amount and interest.
Zen Mani: Accounting for Expenses, Income, Debts
Accounting for debts. Debts are added as normal operations. If you gave a loan or repaid a debt, then in the form of adding an operation select the type of operation "Debt", then "I gave" and indicate the amount and name of the person who was given a loan or returned the money. The name must be indicated in the nominative case.For example, Anton or Dima. If you have been repaid a debt or given a loan to you, then in the form for adding an operation, select the operation type "Debt", then "I took", the amount and name of the person. The name must again be indicated in the nominative case. To close the debt, you need to add a "reverse" operation. For example, if you gave a loan and added the operation "I gave", then when returning money, add the operation "I took".
If only part of the debt was returned to you, then indicate the amount that was returned to you and the balance on the debt will be calculated automatically. Debts are closed automatically if the money you gave and received back is in the same currency. If you gave a loan in one currency, and you were repaid in another, for example, given in dollars and repaid in rubles, then add two operations to pay off the debt:
- Debt repayment in dollars (in the amount of the debt);
- Transfer from dollars to rubles (for the amount that you actually received from the debtor).
There are two ways to close (forgive) a debt:
- (Recommended) Find the operation when you were lending money, and change it to an expense with the category "Charity".
- Add a refund operation as if the debtor returned the money to you. And another write-off operation for the same amount. The disadvantage of this approach is that this operation will appear in your reports in expenses.
To add the debt that was already before the use of Zen-mani, create a debt somewhere in the past, for example, on January 1, so that it does not appear in the reports of the current month. After that, correct the account balance for the current one (you can do this in the account settings).
Accounting for project costs (repair, vacation, business). Create a special category to account for project costs and revenues. For example, # repair, # vacation, # site. The grid at the beginning helps distinguish a project from ordinary categories. Label the project category for expenses in addition to the main categories. The project category must be specified second. For example, Cafes and restaurants, # vacation. Or: Design, #site. To view the project analytics in the mobile application in the "Report by category" in the filter, select the project category and apply the filter.
How to take into account when you paid the total bill with a card, and your friends gave you cash?Situation: in the cafe you paid the total bill with a card, and friends gave you part of them in cash. In fact, two operations take place: you pay the bill (say, for 100 rubles), and part of it is returned to you in cash (say, 60 rubles). If you enter these operations in this way into the system, you’ll get an income of 60 rubles, which will distort the statistics. It is proposed to consider as follows:
- Card consumption by 40 rubles. (Your part of the account);
- Transfer from card to cash 60 rub. (what you received in cash).
This will not correspond to the bank statement, but there will be no excess income. If the operation was added from SMS or imported from the bank, then:
- Open the editing operation and click on the "split" icon (to the left of the amount). Choose two categories: Cafe and any other, say, Adjustment. In the first line of "Cafe" indicate 40 rubles., And in the second 60 rubles. Save. After saving the changes, this operation will be divided into two with the indicated categories and amounts.
- Open the operation with the category Correction and the amount of 60 rubles, and change the type of operation to Transfer from card account to cash account.
How to take into account when a debt was issued in one currency and closed in another? Debt is created in the currency of the account from which or to which it was issued. And you need to close it in the same currency in the same name of the recipient of the debt. Example:
- I borrowed $ 100 from a friend named Sasha. I create a debt operation "I took" in the amount of 100 and indicated the recipient "Sasha" and my dollar account;
- After some time, I want to close my debt, but I have no dollars. I give Sasha the amount of 92 euros to pay off my debt to him. To do this, I create in the application: The transfer operation from the euro account to the dollar one, as if I were changing my 92 euros to 100 dollars, and the debt operation "I returned" in the amount of 100 dollars and the recipient "Sasha".
As a result, it turns out that before returning the debt, I exchanged my euros for dollars and immediately closed the debt in dollars (that is, in the same currency in which I borrowed).
How to split a check (one operation) into several categories? If the operation was created from SMS or imported from the bank:
- Open the edit operation;
- In the amount field, click the "split" icon;
- Select the categories into which you want to divide the amount;
- Enter the amounts to be assigned to each category;
If the amount must be divided into two or more subcategories of the same main category, then to select several subcategories, click on the "checkmark" icon to the right of the name of the subcategory.
Zen-mani: Synchronization with banks, adding operations from SMS
Adding operations from bank SMS. Due to platform limitations, on iOS it is not possible to configure the automatic addition of operations from SMS. But you can still add operations from SMS: copy SMS in Messages and open the Zen mani application. Immediately upon entry, a window appears prompting you to add the recognized operation. Before recognizing SMS, in the account settings enable the option "Recognize SMS", specify the bank and the last 4 digits of the card number and account.
Adding operations from SMS. One of the ways to automate accounting is to add transactions from bank SMS. To configure adding operations:
- Go to SMS Log;
- Find an SMS about the operation from your bank. Under the SMS should be the inscription "Unknown account";
- Click on SMS. In the window that opens, select "Create a new account" if an account has not yet been created, or "Link to account" if an account has already been created;
- If an SMS says "Unknown number" or "Unknown format", click to send an example SMS to developers. You will be answered as soon as recognition of this type of SMS is added. Do the same for each account on which you want to add transactions from SMS.
Import operations from the bank. To connect import, go to Accounts, click on the plus in the toolbar and select "Add connection to the bank." To connect import, specify your username and password from Internet banking (in some cases, from mobile banking). Login and password are stored in the application in encrypted form and are not transmitted to third-party servers, including Zen-mani servers. After connecting and primary import, the synchronization icon will appear in the History section of the toolbar. To start the import next time, click on this icon. Automatically and without your knowledge, import does not start.
Import of operations from electronic money systems and PrivatBank (server import). There are two import mechanisms in the application:
- Import from a mobile application on the phone (read about this option in a separate help);
- Import through zenmoney.ru website.
Through the site, you can import accounts and transactions from Yandex.Money, Webmoney, Qiwi, PrivatBank (Ukraine). Server import starts automatically every 6 hours and upon entering the web version. You can enable the import of operations in the web version of zenmoney.ru on the Accounts page. Without creating an account, on the right side of the screen, select the wallet or bank that you want to connect, and then follow the instructions.
Processing operations after adding from SMS and after importing from the bank. After adding operations from SMS (or after importing from a bank), user and automatic rules are applied to operations. User rules for processing operations can be set here: zenmoney.ru / menu / more / Rules. Automatic rules:
- Definition of categories based on Zen mani algorithms;
- Search and integration of operations into translation;
- Search and auto-insertion of suitable planned operations.
Conditions under which transactions are combined into a transfer: if the actual and planned transactions have the same payment date, different accounts and the amount of withdrawal and receipt differ within 3%. Conditions under which the planned operation is introduced: if the actual and planned operations coincide, the amount differs within 3%, the date of the planned operation is no more than, the actual date is +1 day.
Registration data security. Registration data:
- Protected by strong 256-bit AES encryption and stored on the phone in Keychain storage;
- Not transmitted to Zen mani servers;
- Not available to third parties, including Zen mani employees.
Synchronization with banks. The application is synchronized with banks directly from the phone. To ensure confidentiality, account and card numbers are reduced to the last four digits during synchronization. The application cannot transfer or write off money from your accounts. By deleting Zen mani from the phone, you automatically delete all registration data for connecting to banks.
What to do if operations from SMS are not added?
Check SMS Log. See the red text box under SMS:
1. If the inscription "Unknown account". Click on the labels, a menu will appear. If you have already added the necessary account and the bank is indicated there, then select the "Link to account" item. If you haven’t added an account yet, select "Create an account".
2. If the inscription "Unknown sender" or "Unknown format." Click on the labels and select "Send SMS to Developers" in the menu. An email client will open, where all the necessary information will be inserted into the body of the letter. Just send this letter and the developers will add a bank or SMS recognition template during the day.
3. If the inscription "Recognition is disabled". Turn on the option "Recognize SMS" in the settings of the account by which SMS was not recognized. Turn on the option "Recognize SMS on receipt" in the Application Settings.
4. If the inscription "Tap to recognize." If you have an Android MIUI shell, there are two options:
- In the SMS settings - Advanced - turn off Priority for "Messages";
- Security - Permissions - Autostart: Allow Zen Mani to start.
For phones with TouchWiz shell: Settings / Battery / Optimized applications, click "in detail". Next, click on the Zen mani application icon and in the pop-up window put a checkmark in front of "disabled". For Huawei phones : add the Zen-mani application to the list of protected ones (Settings - Protected applications), allowing it to work in the sleep mode of the phone. For Lenovo Phones : SMS - Settings - Messaging settings - Alert Settings - enable Sys messages first. If you have SMS Go Pro installed:
- In the settings - Message notifications - disable the "Disable other notifications" mode;
- In the settings - Sending and receiving - Advanced settings - enable the "Standard SMS deleted?" and "AutoGet."
For ASUS ZenFone2 phones (and, possibly, others): Look in the "Autostart" and "Startup Manager" applications that they allow Zen mani to be launched when receiving SMS. For Meizu phones (OS: Flyme):Phone settings / Security / Power saving (switch the view to the application list) / check that the Zen-mani application is active in standby mode. If not, enable. For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Phones :
- Put a lock on the application (the lower left button of the phone, which shows the application manager - pull Zen Mani down, a lock will hang on it - such as not to unload from memory);
- Give permission to restart the application. Security system application, then Permissions, then Autostart, then allow Zen mani to restart;
- System Settings - Advanced - Battery - Background - Choose apps to restrict - Uncheck Zen Mani.
Also, SMS may not come if you have installed: Facebook Messenger, HandCent SMS. For Mi A2 phones, turn off the Adaptive Battery function, which by default marks Zen-mani as a little-used application and limits the work in the background. You must also configure the standard energy-saving mode: set "Do not limit" for the Zen-mani application.
Zen Mani: Widgets in Overview
The budget "50/20/30" is suitable for those who are looking for a simple and working method of managing personal finances. Monthly income is taken as the basis of the budget and distributed in the following proportion:
- 50% - mandatory (fixed) expenses: food, transportation, utilities, necessary clothes and shoes, expenses for children.
- 30% - optional (variable) expenses: cafes and restaurants, taxis, travel. These are expenses that you could refuse if you wish.
- 20% - investments and savings.
Track how much more you can spend on each "category" through the widget in the Overview. If necessary, change the distribution between expenses and investments according to your goals. Values ??in the widget are calculated as follows:
- Revenue takes into account actual and planned revenues for this month.
- Mandatory expenses include expenses for mandatory categories and transfers to loans and credit cards that are not included in the balance sheet.
- Optional expenses include expenses for optional categories.
- Savings are transfers from balance accounts (included in the calculation of the total balance) to non-balance accounts with the type Deposit (Deposit) or savings accounts.
- Expense is the sum of required and optional expenses.
Tap on amounts with obligatory and optional expenses or savings to see details on operations (for Android only so far). If the balance for mandatory and optional expenses is 0, then the limit of expenses this month has been exhausted or exceeded.
Period spending limit
Set a spending limit to always stay on budget. The widget calculates and displays the available money (the remainder of the limit) until the end of the period and for today. The most frequent cases:
- Monthly limit "from paycheck to paycheck". For example, from the 10th of one month to the 9th of another month.
- Limit to the nearest receipt of money. For example, from salary to advance, from advance to salary.
Set a limit on all expenses or only optional ones. Optional expenses are determined by the exposed category. You can change the type (mandatory, optional expense) in the category settings (side menu / Categories). In the application for Android, you can choose the method of calculating the daily limit: average value or cumulative total. The formula for calculating the daily limit on the average value : (balance from the limit to the end of the period - planned operations until the end of the period) / for the number of days until the end of the period + planned operations for today. Example:
- The limit is 8000 per week, there is one planned operation on Tuesday per 1000;
- Monday limit: (8000 - 1000) / 7 = 1000;
- On Monday, 600 was spent. The remainder 400;
- Limit on Tuesday: (7400 - 1000) / 6 + 1000 = 2066;
- 2600 was spent on Tuesday. The remainder -534;
- Wednesday limit: 4800/5 = 960.
The formula for calculating the daily limit for the cumulative total : (period limit - planned operations for the period) / for the number of days + planned operations for today + remaining balance (or cost overrun) from the last day. Example:
- The limit is 8000 per week, there is one planned operation on Tuesday per 1000;
- Monday limit: (8000 - 1000) / 7 = 1000;
- On Monday, 600 was spent. The remainder 400;
- Limit on Tuesday: (8000 - 1000) / 7 + 1000 + 400 = 2400;
- 2600 was spent on Tuesday. The remainder is -200;
- Limit on Wednesday: (8000 - 1000) / 7 - 200 = 800.
The widget already shows the rest of the limit, that is: the limit for today is actual operations today and the limit for the entire period is actual operations from the beginning of the period. If on Monday you spend more than a thousand, then the overrun will be removed from the limit of the next day. The iOS app uses a cumulative total calculation method.
Free money is the amount that you will have before your salary if you spend only on fixed expenses: products, utilities, payment of loans. For the calculation, the formula is used: Balance - Constant and scheduled payments = Free money. Constant payments include all recurring payments. They are automatically calculated based on the history of operations. To correctly calculate free money, exclude loans and deposits from the overall balance.
Why do I need a widget? Information on the amount of free money will help you understand how much you can spend on yourself, unplanned purchases or savings. This is necessary for you to feel confident, to be able to adjust expenses in time and know for sure that there is enough money to pay. If there is enough money, then part can be transferred to savings or invested. If the amount of free money is negative, then you may not have enough for ongoing and scheduled payments.
How to use the widget? Special settings are not needed, you just need to properly configure the overall balance.
Setting the overall balance. The total balance amount is displayed in the header of the "History" and "Accounts" sections. In the balance sheet you need to leave only those accounts from which you usually pay within a month. All savings accounts, deposits, loans and debts excluded from the balance sheet. A special case is credit cards. If you use a credit card for constant payments - leave it in the balance. If you use the card as a short-term loan, that is, you paid for a large purchase, exclude it from the balance sheet.
Constant and scheduled payments. Standing payments are calculated automatically based on transaction history. These include all expenses that are periodically repeated. For example, monthly payments of housing and communal services, Internet, loan payments, regular investments and so on. Permanent operations also include scheduled operations. But they do not take into account planned expenses from the budget. If there are no payments in the forecast, add them as planned, and they will be taken into account.
An example of using a widget. Let’s say that in Zen mani you have these accounts:
- Cash - 2 750 rub.
- Sberbank card - 13,450 rubles.
- VTB Card - 19,300 rubles.
- Deposit in Tinkoff Bank - 50 000 rubles.
- Investments - 300,000 rubles.
- Mortgage - 1 200 000 rubles.
For regular payments, you spend 14,000 rubles a month on groceries and 7,000 on utility bills and the Internet.In total - 21,000 rubles. How much free money do you have? If you include all accounts in the general balance, the widget will calculate all available money and subtract the loan amount. It will turn out -814,500 rubles. So you will not be able to understand how much money is left before the salary. Therefore, it is necessary to exclude loans and deposits from the calculations. Then the balance will be 35,000 rubles, and the amount of free money - 14,000.
Zen Mani: Budget and Goals
Goals in the Budget. Goals are currently implemented only in the web version of zenmoney.ru (section "Budget and Goals"). Goals added in the web version are not displayed in the mobile application.If your goal is to save a certain amount every month, then it is recommended to set widgets "Budget 50/20/30" and "Savings". Using these widgets, you can set how much you want to accumulate as a percentage of your income, and track the progress of accumulation during the month.
How to account for transfers (replenishment) on the target? There are two options. The first and recommended: add a separate account associated with the goal and transfer money to this account. In the Budget, however, you will see the fact of the transfer in the line with the account, and the plan in the line of the goal, but this is still a defect in the functionality of the goals. If you do not have a separate account, then in the Budget open the edit target, change the accumulated amount and save.
Can I create a goal in a currency other than the main currency of the account? No, a goal can only be added in the account currency.
Zen Mani: Family Accounting
Family accounting allows several family members to use one account. At the same time, each user will have their own login to the system, their personal accounts and their settings for comfortable work with the application. To add a new user: go to the application in Settings, in the "Joint (family) account" section, click "Add user". Enter a new login, password and save.
The account on the basis of which the joint accounting is created will be the main one. Only in this account in the future will it be possible to add another user or delete an existing one. In a family account, accounts are divided into personal and general. Personal account transactions are visible only to the account holder. Transactions on shared accounts are visible to all users of family accounts. By default, all accounts are shared. To make an account personal, go to the account settings and check the "Personal account" box.
Reports can be built both on personal accounts and on all accounts, including personal accounts of other users of family accounting. Having built on all accounts, you will see the total expenses (income) for all users. At the same time, having "failed" before operations, you will see operations only on your and general accounts. Transactions on personal accounts of other users will be hidden. Expense, income and debt operations can only be added to personal and general accounts. The transfer can be made to any account, including personal accounts of other users of the family account.